buying mortgage loan
How do I know if I am eligible for a modification under the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)?

To apply for a modification under HAMP, you must:
Be the owner-occupant of a one to four unit home.
Have an unpaid principal balance that is equal to or less than:
     1 Unit: $729,750
     2 Units: $934,200
     3 Units: $1,129,250
     4 Units: $1,403,400
Have a first lien mortgage that was originated on or before January 1, 2009.
Have a monthly mortgage payment (including taxes, insurance, and home owners association dues) greater than 31 percent of your monthly gross (pre-tax) income.
Have a mortgage payment that is not affordable due to a financial hardship that can be documented.
Have a mortgage backed by either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
(click here to find out).

If you answered YES to all of these questions, you may be eligible for a modification under HAMP.

If you do not qualify for the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) then you do have more options. HAMP is not the be all end all of loan modification. It is just the newest (spring of 2009) loan modification program which came from the bailout of  (TARP) Troubled Asset Relief Program.
[Top of Page] [Home Page] [Contact Us] [Favorite Links] [Site Map]
federal loan modification
If you do not qualify for the HAMP you can still get a Loan Modification if you get the right help from a third party professional Loan Modification Company.
Disclaimer: All information on this site may be shared or duplicated for your use. does not perform Forensic Loan Audits, Securitization Audits, Loan Modifications, Principal Reduction, Owner
Financing or Short Sales.